The policy information for using, maintaining and managing department resources including funds, infrastructure and assets is below.
Amalgamation or closure of a government school
Asbestos in schools
- Asbestos flier for schools
- Asbestos information for schools
- Presentation for school staff
- Presentation for school students
- Asbestos management fact sheet
- Asbestos Asset Compliance Search
To read about asbestos management for government assets, go to the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics website.
To read about asbestos in workplaces, removal and inspections, go to the NT Government website.
Community use of school facilities
Landscaping and trees
- Planting in schools guideline 1 - defining your requirements
- Planting in schools guideline 2 - plant selection
- Planting in schools guideline 3 - getting plants in the ground and thriving
- Solar power
- Arid area schools recommended plants
- Landscape design guidelines
- Planting guidelines
- Plants not to be used in school grounds
- Plants that are potentially weeds
- Removal of trees and other plants
- Tree and shrub pruning guidelines
- Tree maintenance and arborist inspections - for government schools
- Tree maintenance and arborist inspections - for non-government schools
- Tree root barriers
- Tropical area schools recommended plants
- Where not to plant trees, shrubs and palms
Naming of government educational facilities in the NT
Site rules for contractors entering school premises
Last updated: 02 December 2021
Share this page:URL copied!