Careers and vocational education and training
A key function of secondary schools is to prepare students to transition successfully toward a future career path.
This involves providing curriculum opportunities to:
- build students general capabilities
- support their interests and aspirations
- support them to make informed decisions about their subject choices and pathways.
Work experience is a short term, unpaid placement of secondary school students with host workplaces.
It is intended to provide opportunities for students to explore the world of work and future career options.
- Work experience procedures
Work experience procedures
- Requirements of a host workplace
Requirements of a host workplace
- School work experience agreement form
School work experience agreement form .
Educators can also access more resources for work experience on the career education page on eLearn.
Vocational education and training delivered to secondary students
Vocational education and training delivered to secondary students (VETDSS) allow students to gain practical skills in a specific industry, while contributing towards the completion of the Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET).
- Vocational education and training guidelines
Vocational education and training guidelines
- Vocational work placement guidelines
Vocational work placement guidelines
The vocational education and training policies will be reviewed after the release of the national vocational education and training for secondary students strategy.
- VETDSS program handbook 2022
- VETDSS programs 2022
- VETDSS training and careers 2022-2023 timeline .
- RTO contacts 2022
- training access plan .
- school access to VETDSS
- funding for VETDSS
- JobSkills funding for VETDSS
- VETDSS credits and NTCET requirements.
Educators can also access information and resources, guidelines, safety manuals and forms on the VET page on eLearn.
For more information about:
Last updated: 10 August 2022
Share this page:URL copied!