The Northern Territory Board of Studies (NTBOS) provides high-quality advice on curriculum, assessment, reporting and certification for all students in the Northern Territory from preschool to year 12.
The operational business of the board is carried out by the relevant operational sections of the Department of Education.
NTBOS has a mixed model of membership with 11 members including 6 education experts. Read more about the board members.
The board's focus includes the following:
- Northern Territory curriculum and assessment
- early childhood
- middle years
- Indigenous education
- vocational education and training
- year 10, 11 and 12 outcomes
The board promotes a common curriculum for the compulsory years of schooling which is designed to:
- provide a challenging level of education for all learners, whatever their aspirations and abilities
- ensure that all learners have the opportunity to learn in recognised areas.
In the pursuit of equity, the board fosters the fullest participation in the education of groups and individuals for whom participation may involve special problems.
The board's functions include:
- to cooperate and consult with prescribed authorities or bodies engaged in education and related matters
- to provide advice to the Minister for Education and the Chief Executive on curriculum policy in relation to:
- establishing and maintaining curriculum frameworks that address the needs of all students in the Territory school education system
- establishing and maintaining procedures for student assessment, reporting and certification
- monitoring, evaluating and reporting on student performances
- improving student outcomes
- government policy that impacts the board’s functions.
Certification and awards
Student achievement is recognised through an inclusive framework of awards and certification that aims to ensure every young person leaves school with appropriate documentation.
If you require a copy of your NTCET certificate, please email NTcertification.DET@education.nt.gov.au.
Read the NTBOS strategic directions .
The board provides statistics on the Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET).
Contact NTBOS using the below details.
Last updated: 13 September 2022
Share this page:URL copied!