Alice Springs priority enrolment areas to change in 2022
Following extensive consultation, the Department of Education is changing priority enrolment areas for Alice Springs government primary schools as of 1 January 2022.
To manage the impact of changing priority enrolment areas on school capacity, changes will be staged over a number of years.
In 2022, this will begin with preschool and transition students only.
In 2023, it will extend up to year 3.
Full implementation will occur in 2024.
Changes only impact on schools that have an enrolment management plan in place (currently Bradshaw, Larapinta and Ross Park primary schools).
Schools that do not have an enrolment management plan in place will continue to enrol students regardless of where they reside.
Transition arrangements are as follows:
- Currently enrolled students can continue in their current schools. No student will need to change schools as a result of these changes.
- Enrolments accepted prior to 1 January 2022 will be honoured – these students will be able to commence even if they now reside outside of the school’s priority enrolment area.
- Siblings of currently enrolled students can join the school regardless of where they reside.
- After 1 January 2022, preschool and transition students are able to enrol in the school of their new priority enrolment area (under point 3 above, older siblings of preschool and transition students would also be able to enrol in the school).
- After 1 January 2022, students currently enrolled in years 1 to 6 will not be able to enrol in the school of their new priority enrolment area in 2022. They should continue in their current school, with three exceptions*:
- If a student is not currently enrolled in an NT Government school, they can enrol in the school of their new priority enrolment area regardless of year level.
- If a student moves house within Alice Springs, they can enrol in the school of their new priority enrolment area regardless of year level.
- If a student has a sibling enrolled in the school, they can enrol in the school regardless of year level.
- In 2023, intake will be expanded to include students from preschool to year 3 in the school of their new priority enrolment area. Years 4 to 6 students should continue in their current school - unless they meet the exception criteria in point 5 above.
- In 2024, full implementation of the new priority enrolment area will occur for all year levels.
* Evidence would be required to be sighted by the school for each of these exceptions.
View the priority enrolment map.
If you have any questions regarding the changes, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 15 December 2021
Share this page:URL copied!