Special education courses
Special education courses are available to school leaders, teachers and support staff through online courses and activities.
These courses can be accessed through your regional manager or principal.
Participants in these courses are part of a small cohort supported by an online tutor who tracks the progress of participants, provides assistance and facilitates forums.
The courses are:
- available to all teachers and support staff across the Northern Territory
- free and accessible online at any time
- contribute to the professional development hours teachers need for the Teacher Registration Board requirements
- allow participants to work at their own pace and access materials via the web
Participants will receive a certificate upon completion.
The suite of online courses includes:
- Disability Standards and Education
- Understanding and Managing Behaviour
- Understanding Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Inclusion for Learners with Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- Introduction to Special Education (NT)
- Understanding Dyslexia and Significant Difficulties in Reading.
Go to the Department of Education intranet for more information on courses available.
Login using your NTSchools account.
For more information on special education online courses talk to your principal or contact School Support Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 19 September 2017
Share this page: