School suspensions data
From 2021, suspension data is reported every semester.
Information about this data:
- Data in this report is sourced from the Northern Territory (NT) Department of Education's enrolment and attendance and behaviour datasets.
- Data is current at the time of publication.
- The average enrolment number is the average enrolments of students over the reporting period.
- Number of students suspended is the number of individual students that have been suspended. A student can be suspended more than once.
- Data on suspensions is subject to change. This data should be considered indicative only.
- Data is inclusive of NT Government schools only.
Suspension is focused on ensuring that the wellbeing and safety of students and staff is maintained, so learning can be conducted in a safe and supportive environment.
In addition to the suspension guidelines , schools have behaviour management policies and processes in place to de-escalate dysregulated behaviour, re-engage students and promote wellbeing. These have been developed in consultation with the school council or board to ensure that it is reflective of the school and its values.
2021 average enrolment and suspension data - semester 1
|Region||Average enrolment||Number of students suspended|
|Big Rivers region||3,800||190|
|East Arnhem region||2,741||22|
|Top End region||9,824||220|
Suspension statistics archive
Last updated: 15 February 2022
Share this page:URL copied!