The Department of Education, on behalf of the Minister for Education, is responsible for administration of several Acts including the Education Act and Education Regulations.
The new Education Act and Education Regulations commenced on 1 January 2016. Information sheets and updated policies are available on the Education Act page.
Acts and Regulations administered by the Department of Education
- Education Act
- Education Regulations
- Education and Care Services (National Uniform Legislation) Act
- Education and Care Services National Law – ( ACECQA information )
- Education and Care Services National Regulations – ( ACECQA information )
- Higher Education Act
- Higher Education Regulations
- Teacher Registration (Northern Territory) Act
- Teacher Registration (Northern Territory) Regulations
Other relevant Acts and Regulations
The following Acts and Regulations are not administered by the Department of Education, however, they are all relevant to our daily operations.
- Anti-Discrimination Act
- Care and Protection of Children Act
- Financial Management Act
- Financial Management Regulations
- Procurement Act
- Procurement Regulations
- Public Sector Employment and Management Act
- Public Sector Employment and Management Regulations
- Australian Education Act 2013
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Disability Standards for Education
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000
- National Vocational Education and Training Regulator (Transitional provisions) Act 2011
Contact Legislation Services:
phone: (08) 8999 5961
Last updated: 09 December 2016
Share this page:URL copied!