Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
The 2016 NAPLAN test period was conducted from 10-12 May.
The National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) assesses all Australian students in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9 in reading, writing, numeracy and language conventions (spelling, grammar and punctuation).
The NAPLAN tests are intended to provide information to parents about the literacy and numeracy achievements of their children, and be used by teachers to support and inform their judgement about how to assist students to improve their learning outcomes.
How does it benefit:
- Students and parents: tracks student progress and compares performance against national peers
- Teachers: identifies students needing support or enrichment
- Schools: maps student progress and identifies strengths and weaknesses in teaching programs and goals
- School systems and governments: provides valuable data to support high quality teaching and learning; and drives school improvement.
Go to the National Assessment Program website for national reports.
Go to the My School website for school NAPLAN results.
All schools across Australia will move to an online system for NAPLAN testing by 2019.
Significant planning, development, research and trials are occurring to ensure that Northern Territory schools are ready to move to an online testing system for NAPLAN.
A move to NAPLAN Online will:
- provide better assessment, more precise results and faster turnaround of information for parents and teachers;
- enable tests to better meet the needs of all students, including students with a disability;
- use ‘tailored testing’ which gives students questions more suited to their ability, resulting in more targeted assessment and precise results; and
- ensure the precision and improved timing of the results will help teachers tailor their teaching more specifically to student needs.
Go to the ACARA website for more information and FAQs about NAPLAN online.
Watch a short video about NAPLAN online.
A NAPLAN Online demonstration site is available. The site provides an opportunity for students, teachers, parents and the broader community to become familiar with the technology enhanced features of NAPLAN Online.
Last updated: 18 November 2016