Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Exchange program for teachers
The teacher exchange program gives Northern Territory (NT) teachers the opportunity to apply for a reciprocal exchange with teachers from other school systems in Australia and overseas.
The program operates within agreements between cooperating education authorities in:
- the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland)
- Canada (British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, including the Northern Territories)
- USA (Colorado)
- New Zealand
- the Australian States of New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia.
Who can apply
Each exchange teacher must:
- meet the selection criteria
- be a qualified, permanent, current employee of the NT Department of Education
- have a minimum five years of teaching experience (three years in the NT), preferably consecutive full-time teaching in the last five years, although part-time service and with some leave will not exclude an applicant
- be in good health (for visa requirements)
- be a permanent Australian resident or citizen
- be aware that a police clearance will be undertaken by the overseas or interstate authority
- provide suitable accommodation for the exchange.
How to apply
Complete the application form and return it to international education services using the contact details below.
You can find out more about the program by contacting international education services using the following details:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: (08) 8901 1336
- fax: (08) 8999 5788
Last updated: 19 June 2017