Teacher exchanges give Northern Territory (NT) teachers the opportunity to exchange with teachers from other school systems in Australia and overseas.
Teacher exchange operates within agreements between cooperating education authorities in:
- the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland)
- Canada (British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, including the Northern Territories)
- USA (Colorado)
- New Zealand
- the Australian States of New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia.
Each exchange teacher must:
- meet the selection criteria
- be a qualified, permanent, current employee of the NT Department of Education
- have a minimum five years of teaching experience (three years in the NT), preferably consecutive full-time teaching in the last five years, although part-time service and with some leave will not exclude an applicant
- be in good health (for visa requirements)
- be a permanent Australian resident or citizen
- be aware that a police clearance will be undertaken by the overseas or interstate authority
- provide suitable accommodation for the exchange.
Please contact International Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Last updated: 28 November 2017