The International Teacher Exchange Program is currently paused.
Teacher exchanges give Northern Territory (NT) teachers the opportunity to exchange with teachers from other school systems in Australia and overseas.
Teacher exchange operates within agreements between cooperating education authorities in:
- Canada (British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, including the Northern Territories)
- USA (Colorado)
- the Australian States of New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia.
Each exchange teacher must:
- meet the selection criteria
- be a qualified, permanent, current employee of the NT Department of Education
- have a minimum five years of teaching experience (three years in the NT), preferably consecutive full-time teaching in the last five years, although part-time service and with some leave will not exclude an applicant
- be in good health (for visa requirements)
- be a permanent Australian resident or citizen
- be aware that a police clearance will be undertaken by the overseas or interstate authority
- provide suitable accommodation for the exchange.
For more information email Education Regulation at email@example.com.
Last updated: 15 August 2022
Share this page:URL copied!