JobSkills funding for VET delivered to secondary students
JobSkills is a flexible VET Delivered to Secondary Students (VETDSS) funding initiative. It is allocated for projects, resources, equipment and/or accredited and non-accredited training that supports VET outcomes and/or Career pathways for school students. Funding is paid directly to schools as a grant.
The below are examples of items funded under JobSkills:
- Short courses i.e. First Aid, White Card, Working at Heights, Confined Space.
- Resources/ Equipment/ Consumables that supports VET delivery and/or Career pathway initiatives for school students.
- You must obtain quotes from suppliers/training providers.
- Complete the JobSkills application form and ensure you have provided as much detail as possible.
- Submit application, signed by the principal, to firstname.lastname@example.org with quotes attached.
- Applications are reviewed at a fortnightly meeting.
- There is no guarantee of approval, or that the full requested amount will be granted.
- Funding will not be paid in retrospect for courses/items/services acquired.
Notification of application outcome
- Once your application has been reviewed you will be notified of the outcome:
- If approved, a grant letter and acquittal form will be issued to your school and the grant will be processed.
- If declined, a letter will be sent as well as a follow up phone call by a VET Manager to advise you of the decision and reasoning.
Acquittal of funding
- Once grant funds are spent or at the end of the calendar year, an acquittal must be submitted with a full breakdown. Please note consumables/equipment/resources do need to be aligned to an event, program or initiative.
- Email your completed acquittal form to email@example.com
For more information, contact the Training and Careers unit:
Last updated: 15 June 2022
Share this page:URL copied!