Information Package for Schools
National Disability Insurance Scheme
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides support for Australians with disabilities, their families and carers. As an insurance scheme, the NDIS takes a lifetime approach, investing early in people with disabilities to improve their outcomes later in life.
The NDIS supports people with disabilities to build skills and capability so they can participate in the community and gain employment. It assists them to access services and support, which may include funding related to the disability, or issues deemed reasonable or necessary for a person to live an everyday life and achieve personal goals.
The following documents are designed to help Northern Territory Government schools make decisions on how they engage with families and NDIS registered providers.
Download individual documents:
- Fact Sheet: How to Request NDIS Services in Northern Territory Government Schools
- Checklist for Northern Territory Government Schools
- Fact Sheet for Northern Territory Government Schools
- Decision-Making Tool for Northern Territory Government Schools
- Notification of Request Outcome to Family
- NDIS Service in School Agreement
- Frequently Asked Questions.
Last updated: 24 September 2019