Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Global school budget student needs based funding model review
In 2017, the Department of Education will commission a review of the global school budget student needs based funding model applicable to all Northern Territory Government schools.
The review will assess the current school funding model and make recommendations on how it may be enhanced.
The review will cover:
- The student needs-based funding model, including weightings.
- What is paid for and managed by schools and what is paid for and managed centrally by the department.
- The use of data and activity measures, including effective enrolment to calculate individual school budgets.
- The funding components of global school budgets, i.e. the targeted and variable components.
In conducting the review the consultant will consider:
- Best practice school funding allocation models from other Australian jurisdictions, with specific consideration of the Northern Territory context and models used to providing funding to students with disabilities;
- Relevant available financial and student data; and
- Input from stakeholders.
It is anticipated the review will commence in early April 2017 with the final report and recommendations due to the Department of Education by the end of July 2017.
Last updated: 12 January 2017