Professional Experience Placements

Professional Experience Placements
Northern Territory government schools provide undergraduates and postgraduates with an opportunity to gain quality teaching experience.
Professional Experience Placements provide students with an opportunity to contextualise and incorporate knowledge from their studies into the school setting. Placements can lead to fulfilling and exciting teaching careers in the Northern Territory. 

Process to apply for a Professional Experience Placement
Apply via your university Placement Officer for a Professional Experience Placement in the Northern Territory.
Contact the recruitment team directly if your university placement officer does not offer assistance with interstate practicum placements.

Frequently Asked Questions (Click Here (547.3 kb) )

Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)
It is a requirement that all staff working in a Northern Territory school must hold a current working with children clearance (Ochre Card), or have an exemption in place.
Ochre Cards can be obtained via SAFE NT.

Obtaining a NT Schools account
Students who have secured a confirmed Professional Experience Placement are required to register for an NT Schools account. Confirmed students will have access to online learning resources that will prepare them for the school setting.  The resources provide professional learning and information specific to teaching in Northern Territory schools.
Completed placements
Once students have completed their Professional Experience Placement, they will be contacted by the Department of Education to provide reflection and feedback from their experience.

Additional information
List of urban and remote schools
Teacher responsibilities guide
Information about the remote communities of the NT

Last updated: 13 July 2017