Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
The Northern Territory currently has opportunities for permanent and temporary classroom teaching positions.
Register your interest for the Teacher Recruitment Drive
Apply now for advertised classroom teacher vacancies
Read more about the new rates for temporary and relief teaching positions.
To apply for a teacher position in the Northern Territory you need to meet all of the following requirements:
- Registration with the Teacher Registration Board of the Northern Territory
- Possession of a Northern Territory OCHRE card Working with Children Clearance
- Graduates completing initial teacher education (ITE) courses after 1 July 2016 are required to provide proof of successful completion of the National Literacy and Numeracy Test for ITE students
- Copies of relevant teaching qualification certificate/s and transcripts
- Minimum two referees that should comprise of a principal, assistant principal or equivalent and your most recent employer will be contacted. If you are a graduate, referee reports are not required as your final practicum report is sufficient; if you are a Charles Darwin University or Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education graduate, your exit interview is sufficient.
Last updated: 19 June 2017