Early Childhood Teacher Scholarship
Applications are now open for a new round of the Early Childhood Teacher Scholarship for currently registered teachers in Northern Territory government schools.
The scholarships are aimed at NTG School teachers currently working in an early childhood setting who are required to upgrade or gain an early childhood qualification. The National Quality Standard (NQS) is a key aspect of the National Quality Framework (NQF) and sets a national benchmark for early childhood education and care, and outside school hours care services in Australia. As the NQF progresses, every service in the country will be assessed to make sure it meets the new quality standard.
Who can apply?
The Early Childhood Teacher Scholarship is for:
- early childhood teachers who do not hold a qualification with an early childhood specialisation; or
- teachers as described above who have commenced an appropriate course to upgrade existing qualifications
Which Early Childhood Qualifications does the Scholarship support?
- Graduate Certificate in Early Childhood Education;
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education;
- Masters in Early Childhood Education; or
- Bachelor in Early Childhood Education.
What does the Scholarship cover?
Scholarships will cover course fees, text books and Emergency Relief Teacher reimbursements to schools for study days and professional experience (practicum).
The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) has a list of approved post graduate certificate, diploma and masters courses in Early Childhood Education that qualified primary class room teachers can undertake to become qualified Early Childhood Teachers (ECT).
- You are required to apply for a suitable course from the list of university courses that registered teachers can undertake to become qualified Early Childhood Teachers (ECT). Ensure the course you apply for is nationally recognised and approved by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) on the link below. http://www.acecqa.gov.au/educators-and-providers1/qualifications.
- Complete the scholarship application that is available below.
Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
Applications for the Early Childhood Teacher Scholarship must be received by close of business on Monday 9 November 2015. Incomplete or late applications may not be accepted.
The Early Childhood Teacher Scholarships is administered by the HR Strategic Workforce Capability unit. All enquiries should be directed to:
Early Childhood Teacher Scholarship Program Manager, Andrea Brown
Department of Education
Level 10 Mitchell Centre Building
55-59 Mitchell Street
Darwin NT 0800
Last updated: 10 July 2019